Call for Applications : Women Enterprise Alliance( WenA) Entrepreneurship Program 2020/2021 Stream

0
488
Women Enterprise Alliance( WenA) Entrepreneurship Program 2020/2021 Stream

Women Enterprise Alliance (WenA) is a registered non-government organization whose mission is to produce world-class and diverse entrepreneurs that meet the needs of an ever-changing marketplace in Nigeria and across Africa.

This year’s bi-annual program will support 25 Entrepreneurs from across Nigeria to receive capacity building, mentorship, and access to finance.

During the 4-month intensive program scheduled to run from January to May 2021, successful applicants will receive lessons on business management and innovation in the agric-tech space, network with like-minded entrepreneurs and mentors, and learn the practical skills required to create and run successful and sustainable businesses.

Application window opens on December 4, 2020 and closes on December 21, 2020.

Benefits: Accepted entrepreneurs will:

  • Collaborate with top-tier investors to innovate venture
  • Gain visibility and traction in new markets
  • Exposure to potential investors
  • Network with leading experts in agri-tech and entrepreneurship

The WenA Initiative is looking for women run and women- owned impact driven businesses. To be considered into the WenA program, the applicant’s business must meet the following eligibility criteria.

  • For-profit: the business should be designed to generate sufficient revenues to support its operations and return some level of profit to its owners. Non-profit enterprises are not accepted.
  • Early-stage: the business should have a proven business model and be in the initial phase (Startups & SMEs) of its development and growth (3 years minimum of licensed/registered operations). Moreover, we are focused on companies that are majority-owned by founders and at the time of application.
  • Revenue generation: the business should currently be generating revenue from the sales of its products and/or services for at least 1 year as of the date of application. It is understood that a business that is generating revenue is not necessarily profitable in its first years of operations.
  • Impact: the business should meet at least one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The SDGs are a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015 for the year 2030. The SDGs are a call for action by all countries to promote prosperity while protecting the environment. They cover a series of social, economic, and environmental development issues.
  • Leadership: A woman must fill the main leadership position, for example as CEO, General Manager or Director of the company. WenA will allocate 10 percent slot to men owned business and the remaining 90 percent to women.
  • Ownership: The founder needs to be a woman and she must be the largest shareholder of founder equity in the company or own a share at least equal to that of her cofounder(s).
  • Legal entry age: The lead entrant must be 21 years and above on the day of the application deadline (December 21, 2020).
  • English proficiency: A good command of the English language is required (both verbal and written). This level requires an understanding of the main ideas of complex text, technical discussion in business and your field of specialization, and an ability to interact with fluency and spontaneity
  • Time commitment: The applicant must commit to participating in the WenA Initiative programme from January 2021 to May 2021, to dedicating up to 4 hours/week virtually to the programme and to attending Monthly WenAConnect (Virtual) in-person preparatory training from January 2021 to May 2021.

Get more details HERE

Start the application process HERE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here