Beer Garage is one of the global innovation hubs at AB InBev with the objective of driving innovation by building a strong community of ecosystem stakeholders. The team works with business units to find novel solutions for their business problems by leveraging the vibrant Fintech, Africa, and APAC startup ecosystems. At Beer Garage, innovation is the cornerstone to building a sustainable business that improve lives in communities across the world.
About BeerGarage Africa Innovation Challenge
A pan-Africa challenge to identify hi-tech, high potential startups and founders building innovative solutions across Africa. The multi-sector challenge will be open to startups across the following 5 themes:
- Digital Sales: Provide technology with proven return on investment enabling Digital Sales, leveraging existing channels.
- Digital Supply Chain: demand planning, asset management, warehouse management, transportation and logistics management, procurement, order fulfillment.
- Sustainability: Smart Agriculture, Water Stewardship, Circular Packaging, and Climate Action.
- 3P Lending: loans and business growth loans to SME businesses for improving their cash liquidity.
- Alternative Payments: card payments, bank transfers, accept digital payments, and sell value add services.
What’s In It For You?
10 high-potential founders will be selected for a 3-week venture building mentorship and
leadership development bootcamp, that will be delivered by successful founders, industry leaders,
domain experts and investors; alongside leaders from AB InBev, and Hindsight Ventures’s global network.
International Demo Day
The Venture Bootcamp will culminate with an international demo day, wherein the cohort will pitch to a global audience comprising investors and corporates. Prior to the demo day, the cohort will be ably coached by pitch coaches, to ensure that each pitch is succinct and conveys a compelling story.
There’s a USD 5,000 grant money at stake, and the cohort will be pitching for the same. In addition, we sincerely hope that the international demo day will attract venture investors to take a serious look at the cohort, and many will get investor interest.
Cohort Selection Criteria
- Founders of Africa Origin [5%]
- Status of incorporation [5%]
- Existing Clientele [5%]
- Uniqueness of idea and Technical/ Functional capability [20%]
- Social & Business impact being created [25%]
- Strategic fitment to solve AB InBev’s challenges / Use cases [20%]
- Commercial viability & Scale [10%]
- Market Feasibility (Geo related parameters – Support, Operations, Language, Logistics, etc.) [10%]
Above Metrics Are Scoring Parameters For Selecting The Cohort.*
Get more details and apply HERE