Submit your best photos that capture the role of forests, agroforests, trees, and water in nurturing our planet. Are you a photography enthusiast, professional photographer, or someone who appreciates the beauty of the natural world? They invite you to participate in the CIFOR-ICRAF ‘Trees, People, Planet’ Photo Competition 2023 and share your best shots.
They are seeking captivating images from every corner of the globe, showcasing the beauty and diversity of landscapes, forests and wildlife and our relationship to them. This year, they encourage you to explore the theme of water, highlighting its crucial role in forest ecosystems.
- 1st Prize: $500
- 2nd Prize: $400
- 3rd Prize: $300
- Open to participants aged 18 or older.
- You are encouraged to use the photography equipment with which you are most comfortable.
- Employees of CIFOR-ICRAF are not eligible to enter.
Note the following rules:
- Entries should not include watermarks, signatures, or captions.
- Entries that have previously won other photography competitions will be automatically disqualified.
- Submissions featuring children or minors are not eligible.
- Entries generated using generative artificial intelligence tools or with their assistance are ineligible.
- Images portraying the willful harassment of wildlife will not be accepted.
- Photos taken in ways that cause or have caused environmental damage by the photographer, including capturing images in areas where human presence is restricted by authorities or property managers, are not eligible.
- Photos taken before the year 2010 will not be eligible.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the CIFOR-ICRAF team, who will select at least 30 photos from all eligible submissions received during the competition period. Finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
- Submit your entries
- You may submit multiple entries with maximum 3 photos; however, you can only have one ultimate entry in the final round
- The uploaded file must include the photo’s title, name, email address, social media handles (if applicable), and a caption stating the following: the subject and location, and a short description of the story behind the picture.
- You must have the full copyright to the submitted photos. Therefore, by submitting your entries, you will be presumed to have agreed to accept the contest rules and the terms and conditions.
Deadline: November 3, 2023
Click HERE to Apply