Innovate Now has helped to launch 21 African assistive tech ventures over four acceleration cycles. African start-ups receive mentorship, learning and expert guidance over a 3-6 month period to create market fit, scalable and investable Assistive Technologies (AT).
• Innovation-driven startups who are improving access to assistive technology through digital means or offering digital assistive technology solutions across education, healthcare, livelihoods and other sectors.
• Innovative, execution focused-agile problem solvers.
• Authentic mission-driven founder(s)
• Teams with a culture of empathy, continuous learning and problem solving
• Structured and efficient teams (defined ownership, commitment, roles and accountability) and organisation (systems, processes and resources)
What Are The Benefits?
✓ Access to Kenya-based and global mentors and subject matter experts in assistive technology and entrepreneurship.
✓ Access to a growing network of Live Labs-A unique concept that allows you to test, get feedback and validate directly with persons with disabilities across East Africa.
✓ Access to an investor network and investor readiness programs and funding ecosystem e.g. AT Impact Fund, innovation advisory and investment and Norwegian community of practice.
✓ Technical Assistance: Tangible, direct support relating to what’s needed for your startup to succeed: legal, marketing, fundraising, experimental design, pitching and investor readiness.
✓ Access to global inclusive innovation ecosystem and partner network across organisations of persons with disabilities, universities, funders, Assistive Technology experts, disability experts, inclusive design experts, corporations and NGOs.
Application Deadline – 15th August 2022
To apply, click HERE.
Read also – Call for Applications: Female-Led Health Tech Startups in Ghana