The Ecobank Fintech Challenge identifies and partners Fintechs that are ready to scale and provides them with support and access to opportunities in Ecobank’s 33 African markets. The goal? To contribute to their growth as potential Pan African Fintech success stories.
The Challenge is open to all Fintechs on the African continent. Interested Fintechs can apply by sending details of their product as well as a demo here. These products must address one or more of a specific set of pain points which can be found here.
The selected finalists participate in the Ecobank Fintech Innovation Fair, with the top 3 finalists winning cash prizes. All finalists are inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship, which affords them the opportunity to explore deals, integration and commercial partnership with the Ecobank Group.
What’s in it for you: Benefits and Opportunities
Become a finalist; get inducted as an Ecobank Fintech Fellow and stand a chance to explore the following opportunities:
- Multinational Product Roll Out
- Competition Cash Prizes
- Service Provider Partnerships
- Access To Ecobank’s Pan-African Banking Sandbox
- Access To Partner Network
- Integration With Existing Ecobank Digital Offerings
Pain-Points: What we’re looking for
- Ecobank is looking for products that offer solutions and innovations in the following areas:
- Digital customer onboarding (consumers, SME/Merchant, Investment Banking)
- Improve customer experience at branches
- Improve customer experience online
- Digitization of the customer journey
- We welcome innovative solutions that help improve lending to SMEs. For example:
- 360° view on customers and prospects of financial activities
- Digital Lending for SMEs
- We are interested in working with innovators offering solutions on the following:
- SME/Merchants onboarding on payment integration
- Niche merchant aggregation
- Provide easy access to non-smart phone users
- Digital solution to improve performance of salesforce
- Agency banking: solutions that enable agents to offer more services
- We’d be happy to learn how you can help us solve problems around
- Offline Mobile to Mobile payments (Dead Zones)
Any Other Relevant Product Categories
- Any other solution that you believe will revolutionize the banking sector in Africa.