The LoCoFoRest (Locally Controlled Forest Restoration) training program focuses on one critical question: How can we scale up the restoration of forest landscapes while securing the prosperity of local communities and maintaining and improving ecosystem services?
Forest landscapes are set to play an increasingly important role as we transition from a world reliant on fossil fuel to a circular bioeconomy. Well-managed, natural forests are key for climate change adaptation and mitigation, water quality, and water availability, as well as meeting the growing global demand for wood-based products.
LoCoFoRest will build capacity in national, regional, and local institutions and organizations. The program will give participants the skills and knowledge to enrich their organizations’ capacity to support local communities and entrepreneurs to make forest and landscape restoration scalable and to take advantage of new value chains and the growing demands of a biobased economy.
The program has five components, all based in your home country or neighboring region:
- Start-up meeting and part-time online course
- Intensive mid-term workshop
- Mentored “Change Project” (CP)
- Final meeting presenting CPs (jointly with start-up meeting for next course round)
- Alumni platform and alumni seminars
- They are looking for participants from national, regional, and local government; civil society; private sector and academic organizations working with forest restoration, processing of forest products, management of forest ecosystem services and natural resources management such as water and biodiversity.
- Applicants are individuals working in these organizations and institutions and require the approval of their employer.
- In English language program rounds from Ethiopia, Lao PDR, Nepal, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- In French language program rounds from Burkina Faso, the Democratic Republic of Kongo (DRC), Senegal, and Togo.
The application should be made by the individual applicant but needs to be endorsed by the employer. Only applications using the attached application form signed for consent will be considered.
Deadline: December 18, 2023
Click Here to Apply