About the Climate Tech Facility
On 22, September 2023, Mercy Corps Ventures’ Climate Lab launched its Climate Tech Facility to source pilot partners innovating in climate.
The objective of the Climate Tech Facility is to deploy innovative technologies for climate resilience in emerging markets through a series of pilots. By partnering with impactful, early-stage ventures working on climate-tech, Mercy Corps Ventures aims to build an evidence base to improve the scalability of innovative technological solutions to combat the climate crisis.
The Climate Tech Facility is a grant facility managed by MCV’s Climate Venture Lab, which will run multiple calls for proposal per year with different focus areas under the Resilient Future Thesis. The Climate Tech Facility will provide equity-free grants up to $100,00 to eligible partners. In addition to capital, MCV Climate Venture Lab will also provide mentorship, impact measurement advisory, access to partnership opportunities, knowledge exchange, and brand exposure.
The objective of the Facility is to pilot and generate insights from up to ten innovative climate technologies in selected geographies, in order to improve resilience for low-income populations. From this, the Facility will generate important evidence and insights to support the scale of these solutions to more users, and/or apply them in other applicable contexts. The Facility seeks to:
- Identify innovative technological solutions localized for emerging markets
- Develop robust impact evidence and pathways to scalability
- Share insights openly to de-risk new capital and crowd in new funders
2023 Call for Proposals
This call for proposals is focused on climate tech. Specifically, successful proposals should clearly articulate:
- The technological solution itself and its impact on underserved populations in emerging markets
- The viability/sustainability of the model: proving the business case with a clear value proposition, positive unit economics and the pathway to scale through a financially sound business model
- We anticipate this form to take 2-4 hours to complete
- This form must be completed in English
- We review applications on a rolling basis, so the earlier you apply, the earlier you will hear back from us
- We recommend that you prepare your responses in a separate document to ensure you do not lose longer answers
- Please check your spam mailbox regularly, as our messages regarding your application status might end up there. After submitting your application, you will automatically receive a copy of your application to the email address below
- The deadline for submitting applications is 23:59 UTC (UK time) on 15 November 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Deadline: 15 November 2023.
Click HERE to Apply