Sustainable Energy for All, the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) and the Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) are excited to launch our third cohort of a mentorship programme specifically targeting women in the clean cooking sector in Africa, Asia, and Haiti.
Following the success of our 2021 cohort and the 2022 Women in Clean Cooking mentorship programme, we are thrilled to continue supporting and uplifting women in the clean cooking sector. In 2023 the “Women in Clean Cooking” (WICC) mentorship programme will support women in the clean cooking sector, offering benefits that include:
- Gaining experience from seasoned professionals in the energy sector.
- Obtaining career-enhancing activities to support concrete goals.
- Enhancing professional and personal development.
- Fostering strategic thinking and innovative ideas.
Call for Mentees
The application criteria are as follows:
- Must be a national from Africa, Asia or Haiti and working in any country in Africa or Asia, or Haiti.
- Must be a woman working in clean cooking, with a strong personal interest in contributing to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals 5 and 7 by supporting the engagement of other women in the process and a commitment to women’s empowerment and gender equality.
- Must work in an early to mid-career position, with 2-10 years of work experience.
The mentorship programme is also designed around the following parameters:
- Regional focus on early to mid-career professionals in Africa, Asia, and Haiti;
- Bilateral interaction for 9 months between mentees and mentors along mutually-agreed professional development targets.
- Careful matchmaking and continuous support by the GWNET Secretariat, alongside CCA and SEforALL.
- A series of exclusive curated knowledge-transfer webinars based on needs stated by the mentee cohort.
- Skill-building elements for professional leadership and communication.
- Virtual networking opportunities at international energy and/or renewables events.
Call for Mentors
The programme is also looking for senior professionals working in the energy sector (preferably with clean cooking experience) to serve as mentors and support the personal and professional development of participants.
If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor (which involves approx. 1-1.5 hours of engagement per month), The mentee-mentor pairing process will be based on how closely the goals of the mentee match the skills and experience of the mentor.
Kindly note that the programme will be carried out in English and professional working proficiency is required.
Deadline: 31 August 2023
Click HERE To Apply