Are you a solar energy company operating in Ghana seeking additional revenues for your projects? If so, we are excited to announce new financing opportunities via South Pole and Distributed Renewable Energy Certificates (D-RECs) using the International Renewable Energy Certificates (I-REC) Standard.
South Pole is the leading global carbon project developer and climate solutions provider. We connect the projects we manage to our broad range of buyers across the globe who are increasingly interested to purchase credits, certificates, and offsets as part of their voluntary corporate climate pledge.
There has been an increased number of corporations around the world committing to use 100% renewable energy in their operations globally to reduce the carbon footprint of their operations. As part of this growing commitment from corporations, South Pole is actively seeking operational and prospective solar projects from Ghana from which RECs will be sourced.
How does it work
D-RECs are a new and innovative market mechanism developed by the D-REC Initiative that enables small-scale solar projects to participate in global environmental markets, often for the first time, via the bespoke D-REC Platform. The certificates issued can then be used by corporate renewable energy buyers to reduce their energy footprint around the world.
The program helps solar energy companies access additional financing for projects by creating D-RECs for the electricity generated. Via partnership with South Pole, these certificates are then sold to corporate buyers looking to reduce emissions from their own energy use.
- Must have a solar project currently in operation in Ghana, or planned to be installed in 2024.
- The project must be solar PV.
- The project can be of any size and capacity.
- Must have access to electricity generation data from your assets, ideally via remote monitoring.
- Must either own the solar asset or have the right to sell environmental attributes from the project.
Successful ventures will benefit
- Support in registration and connection to the D-REC Platform in order to generate D-RECs.
- Support in publicizing the collaboration with South Pole, the worldwide leader in carbon project development, bringing more attention to your company and projects.
- Additional revenues per megawatt-hour (MWh) generated by your projects over a multi-annual term.
- We will deliver the D-RECs to our global network of buyers.
- Further support will be offered depending on unique project scenarios.
Deadline: December 31, 2023
Click HERE to Apply