AIIDEV Africa is pleased to introduce the Africa SDGs Mentorship Programme, a six-month unique fellowship that seeks to provide mentorship to young African professionals to enable them to become champions of sustainable development in their respective countries. The goal of the Africa SDGs Mentorship Programme is to equip young African professionals to become champions of sustainable development in their respective countries. The program is in line with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and aims to empower the next generation of African leaders with the skills, knowledge, and networks needed to drive sustainable development across the continent.
The Africa SDGs Mentorship Programme aims to address the gap in mentorship opportunities for young professionals in Africa, particularly those who are passionate about sustainable development. The Mentorship programme is justified by the need to build the capacity of young professionals in Africa and provide them with the necessary support to become leaders in their fields. By pairing young professionals with experienced mentors, the fellowship programme will help to address the skills gap and build a new generation of leaders who are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and support needed to contribute to the achievement of the SDGs in Africa.
To participate in this programme, please note the following criteria before proceeding with your application:
- Applicants must be citizens of any African country between 21 and 35 years old.
- Applicants must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any field relevant.
- Applicants should have a minimum of two years of professional work experience in a field related to sustainable development or a demonstrated commitment to working towards the SDGs through volunteer work or personal initiatives.
- Applicants must have a genuine interest and passion for sustainable development and a desire to contribute to the achievement of the SDGs in Africa.
- Fellows should demonstrate leadership potential and a strong commitment to making a positive impact in their respective countries and communities.
- Fellows must be available to actively participate in the six-month mentorship programme, including attending training sessions, workshops, and mentorship meetings.
- Applicants must be committed to fully engaging in the mentorship programme, actively collaborating with their mentors and fellow participants, and completing all required programme activities.
- Applicants should have a good command of the English language, as the programme will be conducted in English.
- Applicants should have access to a reliable internet connection and necessary technology devices to fully participate in virtual activities and meetings.
- Fellows may be required to provide references or recommendation letters from professionals or individuals who can attest to their qualifications, character, and commitment to sustainable development.
Benefits and Opportunities
The Africa SDGs Mentorship Programme offers several benefits and opportunities for both fellows and mentors, including:
- Fellows will have access to experienced mentors who can guide and support them in achieving their personal and professional goals.
- Fellows will receive training and workshops in areas relevant to their interests and the SDGs.
- Fellows will have the opportunity to network with other fellows and mentors and collaborate on sustainable development projects.
- Mentors will have the opportunity to contribute to sustainable development in Africa by guiding and supporting the next generation of leaders.
- Mentors will have the opportunity to share their expertise and experience with young professionals and contribute to their development.
NB: The Africa SDGs Mentorship Programme will be conducted in English, and fellows must have adequate knowledge of the language. Applications not submitted in English will be disqualified. This programme will be conducted in an hybrid format using various learning pedagogy and communication platforms. Selected applicants will be onboard and enrolled in the 6-month fellowship programme starting on the 30th of June, 2023.
The application deadline for the 2023 cohort of the Africa SDGs Mentorship Programme is June 24, 2023 at 10:00PM (WAT). We encourage you to complete and submit this form before the deadline!
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/maU8539cMUjTWKnt5
Registration Deadline: June 24, 2023 at 10:00PM (WAT).
The Africa SDGs Mentorship Programme is a project of the AIIDEV Africa, a leading provider of development solutions in Africa, with the mission of innovating solutions to accelerate development