The Incubator Programme, dubbed the ‘Umoja Incubator’, invites aspiring developers in the renewable energy industry who have big ideas but lack the experience or financial capabilities to submit their proposals to the Serengeti initiative.
The submitted proposals will be evaluated by industry judges between June and September 2022.
The winning project(s) will enter into a partnership with Serengeti Energy.
The goal of the Umoja Incubator is to give successful participants the tools needed to succeed and positively impact their communities and these include access to commercial and technical knowledge, and eventually funding.
Who can apply?
The application is open to any company with projects in sub Saharan Africa.
In order to be eligible to participate in the incubator program, the project you present must adhere to the following rules:
• Be submitted by its owner(s) or (jointly “owners”) or by its/their representatives.
• Be located in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA).
• Not be located in a protected area as defined by IFC Performance Standard 6 and IUCN.
• Use renewable energy technology (wind, solar and hydro only) with a size between 3MW-50MW and limited to a maximum of 25MW for hydro power projects.
• Have passed the “idea stage” and at a minimum an MOU or EOI
• Have a viable offtake strategy and be located in a country with policies and regulations allowing IPPs
• Up to 30MW for hydro with little or small community impact as possible
✓ Project Funding: Receive financing and construction opportunities for your project from Serengeti Energy.
✓ Global Networks: Connect to renewable energy market leaders by tapping into Serengeti Energy’s vast resources.
✓ African Impact: Be a part of the renewable energy movement and empower Africa for a brighter tomorrow.
✓ Training & Workshops: Grow your skills and deepen your knowledge in the renewable energy industry with world-class trainers and resources.
Application Deadline September 2, 2022
Read also – Call for Applications – Global Startup EdTech Awards