The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger, and achieve food security for all, and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 195 Members, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. They believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
The Internship Program aims to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest academic experience in FAO’s domains. The Programme provides a learning opportunity to the participants to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of FAO.
Through the FAO internship experience, interns will contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and FAO’s Strategic Framework to support the 2030 Agenda through the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable agri-food systems for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate, or graduate degree program in a “bona fide” educational institution at the time of application or recent graduate. Note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Members.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- FAO provides a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending universities or other entities.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Deadline: December 31, 2023
Click HERE To Apply