The Uongozi Institute Women’s Leadership Programme allows senior and emerging female leaders to navigate the unique leadership challenges that deter female professionals in the workplace from occupying senior leadership positions. The program aims to enhance their ability to make strategic choices; lead people and resources; and excel in personal and leadership qualities.
‘Uongozi’ means leadership in Kiswahili, and inspiring and strengthening leadership is the core purpose of our organization. Established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania, UONGOZI Institute is dedicated to inspiring and equipping Tanzanian as well as African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions for their nations and Africa.
This program provides women leaders with unparalleled learning opportunities, including the Women’s Leadership Forum, training, coaching, and mentoring. It also offers them access to thought leaders from around the world. The faculty consists of experts in the field of transformation and leadership from across the world.
- At least five years of supervisory, managerial, or leadership experience
- At least seven years of work experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Participants of the program will receive fully-funded scholarships, covering program fees; books; travel expenses, meals, and refreshments during in-person sessions; and membership at UONGOZI Institute’s Resource Centre.
- Strengthens your strategic thinking skills
- Enhances your personal, people and organizational leadership skills
- Improves your ability to translate ideas into tangible results
- Helps you become a great communicator who can inspire change
- Sharpens your change leadership skills
- Equips you with techniques and knowledge to achieve a work-life balance
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae (not exceeding three pages)
- Recommendation, commitment, and permission letter from the employer
- A motivational statement (between 450 – 500 words) explaining the candidate’s leadership success, challenges, and reasons for applying for the program
Deadline: Friday 28 July, 2023
Click HERE To Apply