Application closes on August 15, 2020
Applications are open for the Africa Energy Generation Prize 2020. The Africa Energy Generation Prize aims to reward young African talents who have an innovative project idea in the energy, health or agribusiness sectors.
The proposed projects must promote, in these sectors, access to essential services for as many people as possible with the potential of having a concrete impact on the socio-economic development of the continent. Energy Generation supports young Africans determined to meet the greatest challenges of their generation through technical and entrepreneurial innovations, particularly in the energy, health and agribusiness sector.
- 10 winners will have the chance to enroll in a free 2-year diploma training in the Business Schools. This entrepreneurship training will allow them to transform their innovative idea into a viable startup.
- Open to anyone living in Africa;
- Applications must be submitted individually;
- Excluded from participating are Energy Generation staff, Energy Generation ambassadors, previous AEGP’s winners and current students of the Business & Energy School.
By participating, each participant accepts and agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Participating in the contest implies the acceptance of all and each one of these rules, the existing rules of conduct on the Internet. Any non-compliance with any of these Terms and Conditions may disqualify a participant at any stage of the competition, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- The motivation and involvement of the applicant for the project
- The innovative character (technical and/or entrepreneurial)
- The original character (technical and/or entrepreneurial)
- The technical and economic feasibility of the proposed project (For e.g: the materials used are affordable and found locally.)
- Clarity and coherence in the presentation of the project
In order to complete the AEGP 2020 application form, prepare the following documents:
- Your personal presentation video
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of the last diploma obtained
- A video presentation of your project