- The Innovation Grant Funds is a component of the Innovation Development And Effectiveness In The Acquisition Of Skills (IDEAS) Project geared towards capacitating federal and state-level TVET agencies to support innovative training initiatives in the field of digital skills and digital entrepreneurship in their catchment areas.
The Innovation Development and Effectiveness in the Acquisition of Skills (IDEAS) Project is a World Bank assisted Project of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) through the Federal Ministry of Education (FME) as the implementing agency. The IDEAS Project seeks to strengthen the labour market fit for skills development in Nigeria by unlocking essential system drives for quality and relevance, notably by leveraging industry involvement and crowding in private resources.
Part of the IDEAS Project is an Innovation Grant Facility (IGF), which will award grants on competitive basis to private organisation to support innovative training initiatives in the field of digital skills and digital entrepreneurship, such as digital literacy, specialized digital skills, and skills for ICT professions to empower and create new opportunities for the youth (especially girls and persons with disabilities) who have difficulties in accessing traditional job markets.
Conditions of the Award
Proposals are invited from interested private sector organisations for Innovation Grants to support digital skills development projects at a minimum grant volume of $100,000.00 equivalent in Naira. The overall project duration should not exceed three years.
Projects to be supported must meet the following criteria:
> contribute to the development of digital literacy, should be submitted electronically through digital hasic skills, digital specialized skills, lancing, e-entrepreneurship and/or e-marketing
> aim to provide training services, potentially complemented by wrap-around services to improve marketability of skills
> have a strong gender component and support digital skills development of women and disadvantaged youth;
> provide clear linkages between the training and employment opportunities, and also increased earnings through entrepreneurship and self- employment
> be responsive to industry skills gaps
> provides soft skills, communication and confidence
> building training,
> have a sound sustainability prospect: preferably support the emergence of digital skills and market development programs and hubs that will remain operational after the end of the project.
Eligible Beneficiary Organisations
1. Be private or Non-Governmental Organizations (including for-profit organization and Non-for- profit organizations) operating in Nigeria;
2. Be formally registered in Nigeria
3. Be at least three years in existence;
4. Have prior experiences in training provision and/or digital skills or digital entrepreneurship development in Nigeria.
Application Deadline – February 6, 2023
How To Apply
Successful Proposals recommended for funding will be forwarded to the World Bank for “No Objection”.