One Young World, the global forum for young leaders, is establishing a fund for young leaders on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response.
Around the world, One Young World Ambassadors are combatting the Coronavirus with the most innovative methods in the most challenging circumstances.
By directing money to leaders on the front lines, we can insure that resources are being accessed by those who need them most.
This global crisis demands a global response. One Young World will meet that challenge.
The Covid-19 Young Leaders Fund is established to fund initiatives from young leaders around the world which are directly battling the Coronavirus pandemic with tangible front-line results.
From producing face masks and providing hand sanitizer in remote areas, to provide tech to community health workers, to ensuring refugee communities can access government health advice – the Covid-19 Young Leaders Fund welcomes a variety of solutions from all walks of life.
One Young World believes that young leaders are part of the most connected, informed, and resourceful generation in human history. Their capacity for innovation, understanding of digital tools and high levels of social responsibility make them a powerful actor in addressing any humanitarian challenge, especially this pandemic.
Young leaders get results – activities led by the One Young World Community alone have directly impacted 26 million people since 2010.
- Focussed on the SDG’s with a clear connection to combatting Covid-19, for example:
- SDG 3: producing medical supplies to tackle the infection or symptoms of the virus
- SDG 4: providing resources to disadvantaged children to support the continuation of education during school closures
- SDG 5: protecting victims of domestic violence during lockdown
- SDG 6: providing sanitation resources to help prevent the spread of the virus
- SDG 8: creating work for unemployed persons in vital sectorsâ€‹
- All countries around the world
- Producing direct, quantifiable impact
- Apolitical in nature
- Must not be operated for profit
- Impacting >500 people directly
- Focussed on assisting the most vulnerable in society
- Operational (or ready to start within 3 weeks of application submission)
- Founded and/or managed by young leaders (aged approximately 18-35)
- Applications must be submitted in the English language to be reviewed
- Operating in accordance with WHO’s scientific guidance
- For details on successfully funded projects click here [Internal note: Redirect to Grant Programmes]
Read more HERE
To apply, Click HERE