To apply for this programme, please ensure that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a citizen of a country in Africa
- You are in the early stages of your research career, having completed your research education
- you have been awarded a research doctorate (PhD/DPhil/MD) from a recognised academic institution within the previous 6 years, (i.e. awarded on or after 1 January 2017);
- OR you have a medical/clinical qualification PLUS a research-relevant Master’s degree, both awarded within the previous 6 years (i.e. awarded on or after 1 January 2017).
- AND you are currently employed in Africa by a recognised university and/or specialist research institution.
- You have not participated already in equivalent proposal development / grant-writing training.
A significant part of your current employee role is to develop and conduct health research.
You do not already have a significant portfolio of international research grants (combined value of £250,000 or more).
Required Application Documents
Applicants must complete Sections 1, 2, 3, and 5 of this online application form and upload the required supporting documents in Section 4. Applicants must download the supporting documents for grants portfolio and signatures, complete them, and upload them into this online application before submission. A complete application consists of the following:
The online application form with Sections 1 to 5 completed
A clear copy of your passport uploaded into Section 4 of the online application form
Clear copies of your educational certificates (PhD or MSc and clinical qualification) uploaded into Section 4 of the online application form
A letter of support from your sponsor or mentor is uploaded into Section 4 of the online application form. You can submit letters and signatures from both if you prefer.
The signature sheet (Section 4 of the application form) signed by the applicant, sponsor, and/or mentor is uploaded into Section 4 of the online application form.
All applications must be written in comprehensible, good English, but complete fluency is not required.
Please do not write more than the permitted word count in each section.
All application documents must be typed (apart from signatures).
Applicants can submit only one application per call.
Deadline for submission of all application documents is 16:00 hours GMT on 14 July 2023
To apply Click HERE