The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs is a free entrepreneurship program paid for by the U.S. Department of State to support the development of innovative ideas led by women.
The Academy will help women learn business skills through a facilitated online course using DreamBuilder, developed in partnership with Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Global Management and global copper mining company Freeport-McMoRan.
The U.S. Embassy in Kampala, in partnership with Kustawi Africa, will be running the Academy to connect Ugandan women with the tools needed to bring their entrepreneurial ideas to life.
You are eligible if:
- You are a female entrepreneur
- You are looking to scale your business, access financing, market linkages, and building your network
- You have basic computer skills
- You are able to commit five hours every week to attend an entrepreneurship program
- You are fluent in English
AWE sessions will take place in Kampala, Jinja, Gulu, and Mbarara from August to December 2022.
Selected participants are expected to complete the online business training course and to participate in all in-person sessions over the course of the program.
Deadline – August 2, 2022
To apply, click HERE.
For more information, visit the official website.