The Young Insurance Professionals Program (YIPP) is a FREE online training academically designed by the London School of Insurance in conjunction with Africa Re to fulfill its mission to foster the development of the insurance and reinsurance industry in Africa.
The objective of this annual FREE online training program is to offer brilliant Professionals the possibility of accelerated career development thereby contributing to the progress of the African insurance and reinsurance sector.
The insurance program is a starting point for an exciting career in the industry. Candidates who are successful for the Young Professionals Programme will undergo a training program on a yearly basis with a “stretch/learning assignment” built-in, where valuable on-the- job experience will be gained. A career will be built by the YIPP trainee by acquiring knowledge and competencies through a unique mix of on-the-job experience and a dedicated online training program in insurance, reinsurance, leadership, and management modules.
At the end of this program, it is expected that participants would have been positively impacted to understand the Reinsurance industry and their future missions with regard to strong leadership, governance and accountability. Participants will be able to reduce some poor practices and approaches via developing a constructive approach to competition in the African reinsurance markets and improve professionalism.
- Applicant should be a citizen of a member state of Africa Re;
- Maximum 35 years of age;
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent;
- Relevant work experience in an insurance or reinsurance company, insurance broking firm, or other related field;
- Access to the internet;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and/or French.
- Africa Re will sponsor the top ten young professionals, who successfully complete the YIPP program, to one of the major insurance/reinsurance events in Africa (AIO, FANAF, OESAI, GAIF, FAIR, etc).
- E-certificate of completion issued by Africa Re and the London School of Insurance;
- Accelerated career development in the industry.
Deadline: January 14, 2024
Click HERE to Apply