Amnesty’s International Justice in Africa Fellowship scheme seeks to enhance the diversity of representation in the field of international justice by offering an opportunity to young African professionals (early to mid-career practitioners and scholars) based in Africa to work on international justice issues and mechanisms. Selected fellows will benefit from knowledge, skills, and experience transfer, practical exposure to international justice spaces and forums, and the opportunity to engage and network with a variety of relevant actors and stakeholders in the international justice movement. Selected fellows will participate in research, legal analysis, policy discourse, and campaigning projects relating to international justice.
- Assist with research activities on accountability for crimes under international law in Africa and elsewhere through desk research and drafting.
- Assist with monitoring and analyzing international and regional developments on international justice issues.
- Assist with developing advocacy positions and strategies on identified priorities relating to international justice.
- Participate and contribute to relevant internal and external policy discussions pertaining to international justice issues and mechanisms.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good knowledge of and experience in the application of international law, including international human rights law, humanitarian law, and international criminal law is essential.
- Ability to analyze accurately legal issues and apply legal reasoning in pursuit of developing a strategic response.
- Ability to gather and process human rights-related information/related.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely (without the need for significant editorial revision) and proofread research, campaign, and advocacy materials.
- Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), a pension scheme, an employee assistance program, life assurance, and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
- All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
Application Deadline: 17 August 2023
Click HERE To Apply