The Awa Prize is a competition organized by Enabel that highlights women entrepreneurs from Belgian development cooperation countries and their projects. In 2023, the Awa Prize awards entrepreneurs active in the green and circular economy.
The Awa Prize is a contest that sheds light on businesses and the women who lead them. But beyond this competition, the Awa Prize aims at federating a community of entrepreneurs around shared values, in order to fight against socio-economic inequalities. Through the Awa Prize, many events will be organized at the local and international levels in order to raise awareness for men and women about the opportunities that women’s entrepreneurship can create. These events will enable progress on actions which can be developed to remove the persistent obstacles
- Be a woman of legal age in your country of residence;
- Have the nationality of one participating country;
- Be the (co-)founder and/or non-minority shareholder of a company that has been registered for at least 1 year in a participating country;
- Have a company with a positive impact on the community;
- Have a green and circular economic approach;
- Understand and express yourself in English, French, or Arabic.
Participating countries for the 2023 edition: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DRC, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda.
- Up to €50,000*: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
- One week in Belgium to meet entrepreneurship circles and inspire one another.
- Up to €10,000*: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
- Up to €5,000*: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
*Prizes are awarded after an assessment of the needs of the Winners by the Organiser or by an entity designated by the Organiser. The support plan is to be formalized by the Winners or the Candidates receiving a prize and the Organiser.
Deadline: September 15, 2023
Click HERE To Apply