British Council is offering three grants of between £5000 and £8000 to organisations in Wales and Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) to collaborate digitally on international projects.
What does a digital/virtual project mean?
The fund is designed to foster international connections at a time when international travel is restricted. In light of this, we are supporting partnership projects where organisations in the UK connect virtually with organisations overseas in order to deliver collaborative projects.
As there are global restrictions on hosting physical activity, we expect the project output to be primarily digital and presented online. As the organisations will be unable to travel to meet in person, we expect that the development of the project will also be done virtually, using online collaborative tools.
We hope that by supporting these projects in this fund, we are helping organisations to establish a climate-friendly approach to future international collaboration.
Find out more about the Go Digital: Sub Saharan Africa – Wales fund and example project types here
This funding is from the Official Development Assistance (ODA) budget. Official Development Assistance is the UK government’s overseas aid budget to support the government’s 2015 Aid Strategy in developing countries. Therefore your project application must meet certain requirements.
An Official Development Assistance compliant project proposal should:
- Demonstrate that projects will make a positive contribution to the social and economic development of the Official Development Assistance country involved;
- Aim to further sustainable development (development that is likely to generate lasting benefits for the population of the country to which it is provided) or improve the welfare of the population.
- Open to organisations in Wales and Sub Saharan Africa (SSA)
- If you have already recieved funding from the British Council for the proposed activity you are not eligible to apply for additional funding. If, however, you have received funding from the British Council for research or scoping activity to develop your proposal then you are able to apply for a collaboration grant in order to take the project forward.
- Wales in partnership with at least one country from the following list of Official Development Assistance (ODA) countries:
- Botswana | Ethiopia | Ghana | Kenya | Malawi | Mauritius | Mozambique | Namibia | Nigeria | Rwanda | Senegal | Sierra Leone | South Africa | South Sudan | Sudan | Tanzania | Uganda | Zambia | Zimbabwe
Grant: Direct project costs include:
- Staff time to deliver the project
- Training costs
- Professional fees
- Translation and interpreter fees
- Equipment and materials
- Activities relating to learning, advocacy and community engagement
Get more details and application link HERE