Funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland (‘Irish Aid’), the A&R ClimAccelerator will support 16 teams from across the African continent with solutions that address physical climate risks or build the resilience of communities.
Who can apply?
• Startups providing solutions that are addressing the impacts of climate change and building the resilience of communities.
• Start-ups may be providing solutions against climate risks such as: extreme temperatures (heatwaves), extreme precipitation, drought, unpredictable rains, cyclones, hurricanes, typhoons or storms, floods, and sea level rise, among others. Start-ups that are not focusing on these specific areas will not be accepted.
• Business must be incorporated in an African country.
• Should be incorporated for 5 years or less.
• For-profit entity.
• Adaptation and resilience solution.
The selected start-ups will receive tailored business coaching, professional guidance on finance, support defining the climate impact potential of their solution, and preparation for future investment opportunities.
Application Deadline – November 26, 2022