The Artificial Intelligence Film Festival (AIFF), an initiative by Expo City Dubai includes a competition for people to submit a short film, 2 to 10 minutes long, that incorporate content generated using or incorporating Artificial Intelligence tools.
AIFF spans almost six months of dynamic experiences, including a global competition, innovative film screenings, engaging panel discussions featuring renowned AI experts and filmmakers, hands-on workshops offering insights into AI integration in film production, and captivating exhibitions showcase the revolutionary impact of AI on the future of storytelling.
The competition will recognize, award and celebrate the following categories:
- Best Film Award
- Best Director Award
- Audience Choice Award
- AI Choice Award
- AIFF is open only to eligible individuals, who, at the time of entry, are at least 18 years old. The Entrants submitting a submission must present a valid National Identity Card (ID) or international passport to be eligible to enter and participate in AIFF.
- The organizer and AIFF jury will not consider submissions from the following individuals:
- the organizer’s employees and representatives as well as those of affiliated companies and marketing agencies;
- people employed by other parties involved in the administration of AIFF; and
- Immediate family members of the two categories above, including spouses, parents, children, siblings and stepfamily and members of the same household.
- Each Entrant may not submit more than one submission into AIFF.
- Any and all submission(s) to be produced and submitted to AIFF must incorporate content generated through one or more of the following AI techniques into one of the three main pillars of film: text, audio, video.
- Natural language processing
- Speech recognition
- Music and sound generation
- Voice synthesis
- Text-to-speech synthesis
- Text-to-image synthesis
- Text-to-video synthesis
- Image-to-image translation
- Video editing with AI features
- Animation tools
- Motion capture
- AI video editing/mastering
The AIFF competition is open, with film creators from around the world invited to submit a short film that includes AI generated content. The winning entries will be showcased at a grand gala closing event on 29 February 2024.
Deadline: December 1, 2023
Click HERE to Apply