The Female Science Talents Intensive Track goes into its third round! For the year 2024, they are looking for 20 exceptionally talented women in science from all disciplines to take part in the one-year intensive programme.
The Female Science Talents program seeks to advance the overall promotion of women in science while also highlighting and supporting exceptional talents. With the Intensive Track, they provide close support to 20 exceptionally talented women in science from all disciplines, aiming to guide them toward achieving a significant career breakthrough within one year. The selected champions take part in two high-level landmark conferences in Berlin, with the opportunity to meet outstanding women leaders and role models from academia, politics and business. They take part in a series of online skill-enhancement workshops on topics relevant to their career, and to facilitate their exploration of other fields.
- All PhD students at the final stage of their research and postdocs or comparable qualification levels from all disciplines at university and non-university research institutions worldwide are eligible to participate.
- They are looking for exceptional talents who conduct inspiring research in their field.
They are looking for:
- A personality who inspires takes on new challenges and drives people around them.
- A visionary who recognizes changes and upheavals and breaks new ground. They employ innovative approaches and embrace risks to accomplish their objectives.
- A framer capable of steering scientific, economic, or social innovation in uncertain and complex environments.
The Intensive Track programme provides selected candidates with multiple opportunities:
- Participate in two high-level landmark events in Berlin: the International Spring Gathering & International Fall Gathering as part of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2024, including travel scholarships for both events;
- Take part in a series of online and in-person skill-enhancement workshops on topics such as leadership, business building, grant applications and more;
- Peer exchange with fellow international young talents from all disciplines;
- Get unique opportunities for networking with Female Science Talents role models and women leaders in academia, politics, business and the media, including our official partners (Bayer, The Elsevier Foundation, Foundation Medicine, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft);
- Get opportunities for networking and peer exchange with Falling Walls community members, including Falling Walls Venture, Falling Walls Engage and Falling Walls Lab;
- Become part an active part of the inspiring Female Science Talents community via events and related communications channels;
- Opportunities for mentoring support with role models from academia, industry and related fields.
- Benefit from an increased reach and visibility via the Falling Walls website and social media channels;
*Female Science Talents uses an inclusive definition of women and welcomes submissions from cis and trans women, genderqueer and non-binary people.
Send the following documents for the application process:
- Curriculum Vitae: Show the most important stages of your life (tabular format, max. 4 pages).
- Letter of Motivation: Why do you think this programme is right for you?
- Tell them about yourself (300 characters limit incl. spaces)
- Tell them about your research (400 characters limit incl. spaces)
- Tell them about your goals and the vision for your career (400 characters limit incl. spaces)
- Tell them how their programme can help you achieve your goals (300 characters limit incl. spaces)
- Video: They are eager to know more about yourself. You have:
- Max. 3 minutes
- 1 opportunity to introduce yourself and your motivation.
- Send your CV and Letter of Motivation in one PDF file (max 5 MB), together with the video in MP4 format to [email protected]
Deadline: November 20, 2023
Click HERE to Apply