The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending extreme poverty.
The Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the United Nation’s Global Goals, and accelerate global problem solving.
Cisco and Global Citizen are united in the belief that young people around the world are leading the way to create and implement solutions to achieve the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem solving. That is why they created the Cisco Youth Leadership Award.
- The award includes a US$250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
- Open to individuals aged 18 years to 30 years;
- Applicants should operate or work for an existing organization;
- Applicants may be from anywhere in the world.
Entrants will be selected based on individual merit and organizational strength in advancing one or more of the United Nation Global Goals for Sustainable Development, based on the following five (5) criteria:
- Impact: Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over the last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- Vision: Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- Catalyst: Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- Global Citizenship: Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
- Technology Innovation: Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
Deadline: December 15, 2023
Click HERE to Apply