In line with the Sustainable Development Goal NO.13 – Climate Action, the Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC) invites suitable ideation stage climate-smart entrepreneurs in the renewable energy space from all over Nigeria to submit their renewable energy ideas for participation in the Cohort II of the Embryo Incubation Program.
Are you an ideation stage cleantech entrepreneur with viable solutions in Renewable Energy, Agriculture, Waste & Water Management, Sustainable (Green) Buildings, and Climate Friendly Transportation Systems? Then you should apply for our intensive 16-weeks Incubation Program.
Renewable Energy innovators in the South-South region of Nigeria and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Idea Evaluation: With the help of expert facilitators, participants will have their business ideas evaluated and refined. Participants will learn practical easy-to-implement techniques that will reduce the risks of business failure.
- Green Business Strategies: Participants will be guided on SMART and realistic green business plans, creating sustainable high-quality business models and equipped with modern planning tools (Physical and virtual) as well as “strategy to result” sessions.
- Financing for Green Startups: Participants will be helped to understand the difference between early-stage and later-stage financing. Selected participants stand the chance to receive $10,000 in grant funding to float/scale their business idea.
- Green Business Platform: This program provides entrepreneurs with renewable energy ideas a unique platform to leverage on existing knowledge, resources, networks, and partnerships that will enable them to contribute adequately to driving the growth of the Nigerian Green Economy.
- Registered Business: your business must be duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Validated Idea/Market Potential: The business idea must be commercially viable.
- Climate/Social Impact: Application should clearly demonstrate awareness of environmental and social justice in solutions adopted.
- Innovation and Technology: Applicants demonstrate an innovative approach and contribute a new or distinct perspective to the issues within their space.
- Balanced Capable Strong Team: The quality and experience of the team, leadership, commitment, and potential to influence others as well as steer the company to profitability.
All applications must be completed and submitted on or before 05 February, 2021
Get more details and apply HERE