Application Deadline: August 9, 2020
Applications for the NGYouthSDGs and Oxfam Nigeria International Youth Day Innovation Challenge 2020 are now open. This year, the United Nation’s International Youth Day 2020 is focused on “Youth Engagement for Global Action” and explores medium engage youth from the local level to the global level.
There is no doubt that the COVID-19 pandemic has proven to be a serious challenge but it has also presented an opportunity, notably for several young people in Nigeria and Africa develop innovative solutions; adopt creative mechanism and rebranded to meet the numerous needs of their peers which in these situations have helped place their communities ahead of the curve, improving processes and providing lifesaving systems.
As we evolve into the “new normal”; young leaders, social change agents, innovators and builders will need all the support they can get to build back better and help achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the NGYouthSDGs and Oxfam Nigeria is launching the International Youth Day Innovation Challenge 2020 (#IYDInnovationChallenge).
- Agriculture / AgriTech
- Information Technology (IT)
- Renewable Energy
- Gender Equality
- Inequalities and
- Waste Recycling
- The top 3 winners will be selected by a team of judges from NGYouthSDGs and Oxfam and awarded a total of N300,000.
- Enterprise & Impact stories of top 3 finalists will be documented via a video series and also published on NGYouthSDGs and Oxfam Nigeria platforms.
- Young persons between the age of 17 – 35.
- Leads (team member of) a social enterprise(Female-led Enterprise are encouraged to apply).
- Already implementing your idea within the past 1 year(Proof of concept).
- Problem-solving/Meeting an identified need
- Scalability & growth potential
To enter the challenge:
- Make a video pitch explaining your social enterprise (video should be maximum of 2 minutes)
- Post on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #IYDInnovationChallenge #IYD2020 and tag @NGYouthSDGs and @OxfamInNigeria