PAWEN is a capability development social enterprise with a focus on leadership and economic empowerment of women. PAWEN is building an ecosystem that will nurture the next generation of women who are trailblazers in Business and Careers and making significant and sustainable impact on the African continent.
The foundation of a building is a major part of the building that supports its weight and should be built with care because it determines how strong and firm the building will stand.
The Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme (AEP) was birthed to equip aspiring women entrepreneurs with the Competence, Confidence and Connections to build a strong foundation for their businesses. Participants receive practical knowledge and guidance on how move from idea to startup using a framework that will improve long-term sustainability and profitability of their businesses
The 2021 AEP Program will be in two Phases:
Phase 1: This will run from March – May 2021 and will empower selected participants with a comprehensive training adapted from a curriculum designed by an International Organisation and deployed successfully in over 100 countries. Sessions will be facilitated by experienced African entrepreneurs and faculty members of leading Business Schools. Mentors will work with participants helping them to navigate the business landscape with less challenges
Phase 2:This will run from June – August 2021 and will further develop the competencies of the most promising 50 entrepreneurs from phase 1 with practical one-on-one business coaching from experienced entrepreneurs to help them launch and grow their businesses successfully. These 50 entrepreneurs have an opportunity to pitch for start-off grants and other funding.
PAWEN is for Women who are
- Citizens of any African country
- Career professionals or students who want to transition to becoming Entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurs that need a framework to evaluate opportunities, manage startup, and finance new ventures.
- Entrepreneurs that want to revisit their business models to enable them become profitable and sustainable
- Proficiency in verbal and Written English·
- Regular (at least weekly) access to the Internet through a computer or tablet·
- A passion to establish profitable, successful and sustainable enterprise(s)·
- 6 – 8 hours weekly to dedicate to this program·
- Value to add and receive from a growing network of African Women Entrepreneurs
- Practical Knowledge, mentoring and hands-on coaching to start-up and grow their business
- A Network of women to help and support their business through the entrepreneurial journey
- Mentoring from successful women entrepreneurs across Africa
- Resources to start and grow their business
- Opportunity to win a start-up grant to launch their business
Get more details HERE