Global nonprofit Rise Up will select a group of local civil society leaders from Nigeria to participate in our Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator training program to advance gender equity and justice in 2024.
Visionary leaders between the ages of 18 and 60 from Abuja Federal Capital Territory, Nasarawa, or Kaduna states are invited to apply. Newly selected leaders in Nigeria will join their network of over 800 leaders who have successfully advocated for more than 185 new and improved laws and policies, impacting 160 million people globally.
Rise Up will competitively award grants to participating leaders and their organizations and encourage projects focusing on economic opportunity, such as advocating for financial inclusion for women and girls through access to credit, job and leadership training, land rights and ownership, and inheritance rights.
Following a competitive selection process, Rise Up will select 25 visionary leaders to join working to advance education, health, and economic opportunity. Rise Up has developed an innovative hybrid—virtual and in-person—model that integrates intensive capacity building, leadership development, project funding, and technical support to ensure the leaders can launch advocacy strategies to advance health, education, and economic opportunity for women, girls, and gender-nonconforming people in Nigeria.
Eligible candidates must meet the following selection criteria:
• Civil Society leaders between the ages of 18-60 years old.
• Currently working in Abuja Federal Capital Territory, Kaduna State, or Nasarawa
• Have a personal interest and current commitment to promoting gender equity
broadly in the three priority areas of health, education, and economic opportunity for
women, girls, and gender-nonconforming people.
• Represent or work closely with marginalized groups from socially or economically
marginalized communities, women and girls with disabilities, ethnic and/or
religious minorities and other historically disadvantaged populations.
• Ability to participate in an in-person training from March 3-9, 2024, with some virtual
sessions pre- and post-workshop. Rise Up will cover all costs related to program
participation, including transportation, lodging, food, materials, and internet costs.
• Currently work at a non-profit organization, civil society organization, media
organization, or government organization at a level of coordination or management
and have some level of decision-making power.
• Have the support of your organization’s leadership to participate in Rise Up’s
Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator training.
• To be eligible for a grant, Rise Up requires organizations to be legally registered in
country and set up to receive international funds. Entities that are not registered can
be sponsored by another financial entity or fiscal sponsor. Note: Government
organizations are not eligible to receive grants through this program.
• Proficient in oral and written English.
For more information, please contact Nigeria Country Director Theresa Effa at [email protected].
Deadline: November 26, 2023
Click HERE to Apply