Village Capital, in collaboration with the Moody’s Foundation, seeks to assist entrepreneurs and African startups, developing for-profit, market-based solutions in education and employment.
They are assisting African startups whose businesses assist young people in Sub-Saharan Africa in better preparing for the future of work. Also in gaining access to more and better employment opportunities, and establishing careers.
Do you own an African startup? Then be among the 45 startups across Africa who will be selected by the Village Capital Future of Work Africa 2022 Accelerator program. It will be a training for investment readiness.
It will consist of a core cohort of 10-12 startups and an expanded cohort of 33-35 startups, with self-guided training, extensive virtual support, and mentor engagement. The program supports impact-focused startups that use highly sensitive data to improve the quality and accessibility of digital, financial, and healthcare services.
Who Can Apply?
Ventures must address unemployment by implementing the following measures:
- Technical, professional, upskilling or reskilling programs
- Testing and credentialing programs
- New approaches to apprenticeship or employment matching such as gigs, job matching, and distributed manufacturing platforms
- Financial health for informal workers
- And/or Edtech for post-secondary and tertiary institutions
Benefits For Applying
1. Connection: The program will assist you in developing meaningful relationships with the other impact-driven founders in your cohort.
2. Mentorship: You will have the opportunity to network with mentors ranging from investors to potential strategic partners and customers.
3. Training: You will participate in interactive sessions designed to assist your company in identifying early milestones and preparing for your next round of capital.
4. Advice: Speak with an investment analyst who will coach you one-on-one on how to build a financial model, identify unit economics, and use financial metrics.
5. Exposure: Get featured on Village Capital’s website and other collateral.
- Applications Open: Mar 31st, 2022
- Applications Close: April 29th, 2022
- Cohort Confirmed: July 1st, 2022
- Cohort workshops: August – October
- Application Deadline: April 29th, 2022
Apply and find out more here.