The Africa Adaptation Acceleration Program (https://apo-opa.info/3s7IvoI), a joint initiative of the African Development Bank (http://www.AfDB.org) and the Global Centre on Adaptation, has launched a call for applications for the third edition of the YouthADAPT Challenge, which seeks to support young entrepreneurs driving solutions to tackle climate change.
The annual YouthADAPT competition invites young entrepreneurs leading micro, small, and medium enterprises in Africa to submit innovative solutions and business ideas that can drive climate change adaptation and resilience across the continent.
This year’s call focuses on female-owned enterprises pioneering Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies such as artificial intelligence, big data analytics, virtual reality, robotics, the internet of things, quantum computing, additive manufacturing, blockchain, and fifth-generation wireless for climate adaptation.
- The winners will be awarded $100,000 each,
- Mentorship and coaching to further their climate change adaptation solutions and business ideas.
- They will also join the YouthADAPT Alumni Network to learn from a dynamic community of youth entrepreneurs throughout Africa.
To be eligible, applicants must be
- Age – The entrepreneur must be between the ages of 18 to 35.
- Citizenship of founder – The founder must be of African nationality or the founder must be playing an active role in the operations of the enterprise.
- Geography and legal registration of the company – The business must be legally registered in Africa.
- Profitability – The business must have generated profits for the last two years.
- Impact/ Climate adaptation – The business must demonstrate a direct impact on climate adaptation and resilience.
- Gender Only female-owned enterprises are eligible – 51% of shareholding should be female.
- Industry – Must be within the fourth industrial revolution (4IR) technologies.
Deadline: 5 November 2023
Click HERE To Apply
An information session is scheduled for 23 October 2023 at 11:00 GMT to share details about the YouthADAPT Challenge 2023. This session will cover eligibility criteria, the application process, important deadlines, and the advantages of participation, such as grants, mentorship, and business development services.