Project I2M (innovation to market) program is aimed at building an Integrated Support system for a sustainable innovation ecosystem in Nigeria. It has the objective to harness innovations in Nigeria by collaborating with researchers and innovators under the umbrella of an innovation consortium.
Call for Applications
Do you have a terrific innovation that you think can disrupt the current normal, solve current societal problems, market processes efficient? Then come on board to the innovation-to-market Programme.
Project I2M supports innovations from research, and also innovations resulting from non-procedural activities.
This project aims to deploy resources such that innovations at whatever stage can be nurtured till it is ready for the market. Once ready, the innovator works with a dedicated project team to fashion out pathways through which the innovation can be commercialized.
This project will also create a self-sustaining incubator program for innovators that want to take their products to market via a startup, to expose them to training on how to create bankable businesses that can attract big investments.
Special attention will be given to Innovations from Nigerian youths, women, and persons with disability (PWD).
Project I2M will support innovators with:
- Intellectual Property (IP) filing
- Minimum Viable Product Development
- Business Registration
- Seed funding for spinoffs/start-ups and numerous other resources.
The Innovation to Market Programme offers You Access to:
- Training to make your innovation market ready.
- Funding for prototyping of up to 2 Million Naira.
- Intellectual property (IP) protection filing for the innovation
- Innovation Product managers to guide through the entire process
- Startup Incubator & Startup funding
- Co-working Space within the University of Lagos
- Full support in linking your innovation to industry
The project is fully funded by the UK’s Research and Innovation Systems for Africa (RISA) and implemented by the Innovation and Technology Management Office (ITMO) of the University of Lagos.
Application Deadline: March 30th, 2023