GoGettaz is an annual competition to identify innovative entrepreneurial ventures in the agrifood sector founded by young people (young, adult agrifood entrepreneurs, aged 35 and under) across the African continent.
The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize aims to find Africa’s brightest young agrifood entrepreneurs. We are searching for agribusinesses that bring technology, innovation, and passion to the agriculture and food industries.
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2020 Edition.
Two entrepreneurs, one woman, and one man will each win 50,000 US Dollars for the most innovative and scalable business ventures. Ten finalists will benefit from a package of support to boost their business. 250 applicants will benefit from online training to strengthen their business plans.
Applications are expected from businesses that show:
- originality and innovation
- market potential and traction
- social or environmental impact
- a viable and scalable business model
- and an inspiring and investible team
The entrepreneur applying must:
- in order to obtain an entry and become an entrant into this competition, you must: submit, in English, a complete business profile, supporting documents, and answers to the online application form
- submit full application by 23h59 (Central African Time) on 18 June 2020.
- be aged 18-35 on the day of submission to the competition
- hold nationality (with official ID) from any of the 54 nations of the African Union
- be the founder/co-founder of the enterprise he or she represents in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership
- have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offense
- not be a previous GoGettaz finalist. (But if you made it to the semi finals previously you can compete again)
Their venture must:
- have its headquarters in one of the 54 countries of the African Union, and be officially registered by 1 August 2020
- be designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a market-based social venture
- generating revenue at least in part and aiming for non-donor-based sustainability
- play a role in the agri-food sector
Applications open until Thursday, June 18, 2020
To apply and also get more information, click HERE