The Ignite Innovation Lab (IGL) Digital Transformation, is an online startup incubator that provides lessons on human centered design-thinking, digital marketing, and is committed to equipping youths in Africa with the digital literacy and critical skills necessary to create digital enterprise solutions that are progressing the Sustainable Development Goals and adapt to the global workforce—and the very nature of work in the 21st Century. IGL is a program of Inspire Africa for Global Impacts Initiative.
The Innovation Lab Challenge is open to young innovative Africans (aged 19-28) who are interested in learning about relevant soft and digital skills; are ready to employ critical and design thinking to solve complex problems, and are passionate about upgrading their knowledge on digital marketing and using the knowledge gained to build viable online businesses and create job opportunities.
Participants will join a team of four or five, with members drawn from around sub-Saharan Africa. The team uses cloud computing to communicate with its members and submit their business proposals within two weeks, which will be published on the solutions page of the Inspire Africa website.
To qualify for the IGL Challenge, participants MUST:
– Be a young or aspiring entrepreneur from across Africa.
– Be between the ages of 19-28 at the start of the program.
– Be proficient in English.
– Have access to the internet and a valid Gmail account.
– Have access to a computer or smartphone device that allows Google apps/G-suite.
– Have a well-developed CV.
Teams will pitch virtually and the winning team members will receive :
- Brand new laptops/cash prizes
- A copy of the Winning Streak Book
- Access to funding
- Outstanding members will receive awards of recognition and all participants will get a certificate of completion.
All applicants will submit a CV and attend a Virtual Summit Workshop. Applications are due by July 24, 2020 at 11:59 PM WAT.
More details HERE