Launched in 2019, the Womenpreneur Pitch-a-Ton program is the first women-in-business support initiative of its kind in the industry offered by Access Bank’s W Initiative.
The program was designed to provide female-owned businesses across Africa an opportunity to access finance, world-class business training, and mentoring opportunities aimed at growing their businesses. The five-month competition is in partnership with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and Agriculture and Finance Consultants (AFC).
Since its inception in Ghana, over 100 women entrepreneurs have received over 1.2 million cedis as grants, insurance, and mini-MBA from the IFC. This year is no exception; more women in business stand the chance of winning a share of the GHS 300,000.00 cash prize and free business advisory services.
Women between the ages of 18 and 45 who:
- Are residents in Ghana.
- Own and manage an agribusiness or agro-allied business.
- Own at least 50% of the business.
- The business must be registered and in active operation for one (1) year and above.
- Businesses in the under-listed sub-sectors are eligible to apply:
- Aggregation of Agric. Produce
- Agri-Tech Service Provision
- Agric. Input Supply
- Cereal/Grain Processing
- Fruit Processing
- Livestock/Poultry Rearing
- Natural Ingredients Processing
- Root & Tuber Processing
- Food processing and packaging
- Aquaculture & Fisheries
- Agricultural extension & advisory services
- Agricultural logistics & transportation
- Agricultural research & development
- Agricultural machinery & equipment
- Primary Agricultural producers
- Agrochemicals: manufacturing or trading, e.g., fertilizer, pesticides, etc
- 1st prize: GHS100,000
- 2nd prize: GHS100,000
- 3rd Prize: GHS100,000
- 4th prize: GHS10,000
- 5th prize: GHS10,000
- 6th prize: GHS10,000
- MD’s Special Award: GHS20,000
- Website Design
- Fill out the online application.
- Fill out your personal and business details correctly.
- Fill out a brief description of your business and attach business registration documents.
- Upload your one-minute pitch video (Tell us about your business in 60 seconds. Create a 60-second video with clear audio about your business using a video camera or a phone. The video should not be more than 150 MB).
- Complete your registration.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for in-person visits of their businesses.
- The top 50 applicants shortlisted will undergo the Business Management Bootcamp (BMB) by GIZ/AFC.
- After the training, all 50 finalists will pitch before a jury.
Deadline: October 29, 2023
Click HERE To Apply