OfThe annual Digital Innovation Competition for African Startups is facilitated every year by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s U.S.-Africa Business Center (USAfBC) in partnership with AmChams across Africa. Each year, the Competition awards talented innovators, entrepreneurs, and startups behind digital products and services that create a positive impact on African citizens.
The 2022 winner will receive recognition in their home country— and a $25,000 cash prize, among other non-cash prizes!
What are the topics of the competition?
The competition will be focused on three broad themes:
(1) Fintech and Cyber Solutions: Covering data flow solutions, cross-border digital platform solutions, mobile technology, intellectual property management, cyber security, and digital movement of creative art (movies, music, art).
(2) Sustainability & Supply Chain Solutions: Covering smart manufacturing, e-commerce, management of shared economies, improvement to digital supply chain, logistics solutions to e-commerce businesses, and agriculture technology (AgTech).
(3) Human Development & Social Services Solutions: Covering digital health solutions, and e-learning platforms.
What are the Prizes to be won?
The in-kind services may include
(2) Annual subscriptions to digital platforms,
(3) Mentoring and Digital marketing/advertising services for the top three winners of the competition.
(4) The top three winners will also be offered a virtual platform to engage with mentors and participants during the Digital Economy Summit on December 07, 2022.
1st Prize – The total Grand Prize package is worth $25,000, which includes $15,000 in prize money, a 6-month mentorship with a Fortune 500 Tech Company, and a 1-year subscription to digital tools/platforms.
2nd Prize – The total 2nd Prize package is worth $15,000, which includes $10,000 in prize money, a 6-month mentorship with a Tech Company, and a 6-month subscription to digital tools/platforms.
3rd Prize – The third prize package is worth $10,000 which includes $5,000 in prize money, a 3-month mentorship with a Tech Company, and a 3-month subscription to digital tools/platforms.
5 Regional Champions
Five regional champions will be named and collect $5,000 in prize money, a Plaque of Recognition, and enjoy a 3-month mentorship with Company within their thematic area.
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Click HERE to apply.