The annual Start-Up Competition is hosted by the Africa Proptech Forum (APF). Established to fast-track Proptech adoption across Africa, the APF achieves its mission through the sharing of thought leadership, hosting webinars, live events, and the annual Start-Up Competition. The Start-Up competition is a proven launchpad for driving adoption, building awareness, and securing VC funding.
What are the Prizes to be won?
Grand Finale winner to win a prize up to $10,000, made up of:
- 10 hours dedicated mentorship from a leading venture capital and real estate figures worth $5,000
- $2,000 minimum Cash prize – sum to be disclosed in coming months
- 1 x company dedicated email campaign to API database of 26 000 subscribers worth $1,000
- 1 x feature and mention in a dedicated global press release worth $750
- Civitas membership for founder / CEO of winning start-up
What are the categories?
(1) To enter the competition, start-ups must provide a solution or product for the real estate industry and/or built environment.
(2) Must be able to demonstrate their capacity to move the real estate ecosystem forward with an innovative/disruptive business model, technology, service and/or content experience.
(3) These start-ups can include but are not limited to the following categories: Construction Tech Smart Building & City Solutions Data Digitalisation & Analytics Sustainability & Energy Efficiency IoT & AI in Real Estate Marketplaces & Portals Building Information Modelling Virtual Reality Property Marketplace Solutions Debt & Mortgage Tech Platforms Property Leasing & Portfolio Management Blockchain in Real Estate Shared Economy Solutions (ability to identify and exploit spare capacity and to reduce the associated search, bargaining and enforcement costs of a transaction, thus facilitating a more efficient allocation of unused space) Real Estate Financial Tech.
Who is eligible?
Startups can enter the competition for free online. Any Proptech start-up throughout Pan-Africa can apply following the next criteria:
- Be less than 10 years old
- Legally registered in their country of residence
- Already generating revenue (be post revenue), below $3M
- Must be independent – be a completely independent company with no ties to already established businesses
- Must demonstrate a business impact for the real estate, construction and built environment ecosystem
- Must be able to attend (virtually or in person) at the Africa Proptech Forum Summit 2022 in South Africa on Tuesday, 20 September 2022 (if selected as a finalist to pitch at the finals)
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Click HERE to apply.