‘Mentor-driven capital’ is one of VC4A’s approaches to creating value for startup ecosystems around the world. It’s about finding and supporting motivated and experienced professionals like you to share the knowledge, experience, and network you’ve acquired over your career with promising entrepreneurs through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace.
As you support your mentee on his/her entrepreneurial journey, you get keen insights into the local startup ecosystem and hone your own mentoring, business & leadership skills.
Through the VC4A Mentor-Driven Capital structure, this program strives to improve your ability as a high-powered mentor.
You and a group of other business executives will receive expert advice, training, and hands-on expert sessions in the area of mentoring, as well as participate in interactive conversations on issues such as mentoring founders for fundraising, corporate relationship building, and angel investment.
What are the benefits?
- Attend expert-led sessions on essential mentorship and startup-related topics.
- A mentorship guide and online training materials.
- Access peer-to-peer learning through expert discussions, group sessions, and networking opportunities.
- Get matched with Africa-based founders with mentorship needs through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace.
- Access partner organizations’ demo days and invite-only events like the Africa Early Stage Investor Summit.
What are the expectations?
A maximum of 30 aspiring business mentors from African countries or those with significant ties to – and interest in – the continent will be accepted into the program. Only 4-5 hours each month of your valuable time and knowledge are required for the approximately 2-month program!
What are the requirements?
- You are based in Africa or closely affiliated with the continent.
- You are a senior business professional, entrepreneur, and/or investor with 10+ years of experience.
- You are interested in the startup ecosystem and keen to support startup companies.
- You can attend the 5 virtual online bootcamp sessions and expert sessions between July and August 2022 (each session is approx. 1-1.5 hours, totals about 3-4 hours/month).
- You are willing to offer mentorship post the program to African startups through the VC4A Mentorship Marketplace.
Deadline: 25th of June 2022
For more information and to apply, visit the official website.