The Africa Startup Initiative Program is a program founded by Moh Damush, Telecel Group CEO as a CSR activity. Telecel Group then partnered with Startupbootcamp AfriTech to create the ASIP Accelerator Program which contributes in a meaningful way to the African community to help the young Startups in Africa whose innovative ideas are creating a difference in their communities.
Backed by anchor partner Telecel Group, the program is ideal for tech-oriented startups looking to scale through corporate and public sector partnerships. ASIP scout, skill, and scale early-stage startups through intensive coaching and opportunities for pilots and Proof of Concept projects that subsequently open the doors for longer-term commercial agreements.
Starting in 2017, the first SBC AfriTech program accelerated 40 incredible African startups that have set an incredibly high bar for the next program.
- 90% are still operating and scaling at impressive rates
- 40% have raised follow-on rounds of funding
- 50% of the startups raising capital have closed rounds at valuations more than 10x since Demo Day
To be eligible for the program, your startup
- Has to be formally incorporated
- Has at least 2 people working on the project and devoting at least 50% of their time to the project
- Has customers or clients using the products or services
- Is generating revenues from the products or services
The 10 startups in the program will receive benefits valued at more than EUR 500,000, including credits from AWS, Google Cloud Services, Hubspot, and many more. ASIP Accelerator also invests EUR 15,000 in cash to each startup, asides other benefits like mentorship, investors access, networking opportunities, co-workimg spaces and others.
Get more details and apply HERE