Orange ventures has announced the launch of the MEA Seed Challenge, a competition to finance entrepreneurs of seed startups in MiddleEast & Africa.
Seven startups from Africa and the Middle East will be able to land investment of between €50 000 and €150 000 through the new seed challenge launched by Orange Digital Ventures.
The challenge is aimed at tech-driven startups with high growth potential and has a pool of €500 000 to invest in startups from Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia and Jordan.
Startups will also qualify for 12 months of business support from a local mentor.
The challenge is open to entrepreneurs who :
- have a bold vision with passion for disruption and expansion;
- are willing to partner with Orange;
- are a tech-driven start-up;
- are mainly operating in Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Sénégal, Tunisia, Morocco and Jordan;
- run Seed stage company, you have not raised more than €1m in total equity funding.