What is BRACE?
In 2023, African Food Changemakers launched the “Building Resilience Against Climate and Environmental Shocks” (BRACE) program. BRACE is an intensive capacity development program designed to support African small and medium entrepreneurs (agriSMEs) in the agribusiness landscape to be aware about how their businesses are affected by climate change and to enable them develop strategies to adapt to and mitigate the impact of climate change through climate-smart practices.
Leveraging ICT, data, and innovation, BRACE will empower agriSMEs through training and technical support, to implement sustainable solutions to scaling their agribusinesses.
BRACE is a three-month capacity development program. The program will leverage a hybrid learning experience to engage entrepreneurs through training, peer-learning and practical applications.
- Operate a registered business
- 18 years and above
- Owner or designated employee of an AgriSMEs
- A citizen and resident of any African country
Benefit of the Program
- Deployment of a diagnostic tool to assess their level of awareness regarding the impact of climate change on their agribusinesses, familiarity with, and readiness to deploy, existing local solutions in the landscape.
- A self-paced six (6) week online learning program with relevant and practical climate curriculum.
- Hands-on practical assignments that cumulatively result in the ‘greening’ of participants’ agribusinesses to better position them to leverage climate financing opportunities in the ecosystem.
- Engagement in a community of practice for networking, peer-to-peer learning, experience sharing, group discussions, assignments, and co-creation of solutions.
- Provision of information, resources, and tools to enable investments and decisions that lead to sustainable climate solutions.
- Opportunity to join the AFC hub community for additional resources, data, funding support and market linkages to enhance business visibility, profitability, growth and success.
Get more details and apply HERE